Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hoc titulus sit ambitiosior

I am not generally a reflective person, and so looking back on high school like this is strange to me. I focus on the moment, and try to live my life to the fullest, and looking back at my life has typically made me frustrated or angry at the mistakes I've made. But that was not the case today. I looked at my time in high school as a whole, not just focusing on the academic aspects of it. It was tough, its just not in my personality to reflect on things I've done. But I am proud of myself, and I am glad to see what I have done. I want to write this to myself, and to anyone who happens to read it, and I want to leave the advice that I would try to follow if I could rewind the clock to freshman year. Its probably going to be really cliche, but if it is, so what. Most good advice is cliche, thats what makes it good advice. If people have been doing it for this long it probably works.

1. Time is precious.
Never waste your time, and always follow your passion into whatever it leads you to do. Learn a new skill, read a book, hang out with your friends, but don't just sit around watching t.v all day, because it won't get you anywhere. Time goes by exceedingly fast, and if you just sit around and watch life happen, nothing will happen.

2. Man up
Life doesn't wait for you to sit around and complain, if you aren't satisfied with something, go and fix it. If life gets you down, look back at life and fight it. Life isn't fair, and if you can't deal with that fact, you need to get ready for disappointment.

3. Don't be a doormat
There's going to be times when you think that something going on around you isn't right. Maybe its a grade that got messed up, or maybe someone is took something thats yours. Don't roll over. Make the world work in your favor, and if you have the will to fight for what you want, you can get it.

4. Know who your real friends are
There will be people who say they're your friends, but when the time comes for them to be in your corner, they won't be. Know who you can trust, and who will be there for you when you need them.

5. Stay organized
If you aren't organized, life is gonna tear you apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment